HouseNet® prevents moisture damage to stone, brick and other masonry veneered cavity walls by preventing mortar droppings from blocking the weep holes. It also provides hundreds of clear pathways that allow moisture to flow to the weeps while providing ventilation to equalize air pressure and dry the cavity. The patented Insect Barrier prevents wall damage and health hazards from insect infestations by keeping insects from entering the cavity through the weep holes.
- Trapezoidal shape
- Patented, integrated insect barrier
- 90% open-weave polyester mesh
- Will not rot, oxidize, support mold or fungus, or react with common building materials
- 0.4" (10.16 mm), 1" (25.4 mm) and 2” (50.8 mm) thicknesses
- Sold in 5' (1.52 m) sections, 16 sections/80 LF (24.38 m) per box
Benefits (when properly installed):
- Prevents the conditions that foster mold growth, spalling from freeze/thaw cycles, efflorescence and wet basements, including:
- Mortar damming, so moisture can move quickly and easily to the weeps and out of the cavity.
- Blocked weep vents from mortar droppings, so air circulation is unrestricted and walls dry quickly.
- Air pressure differentials, so moisture is not forced into the cavity and the cavity can dry properly.
- Prevents insects from entering the cavity through the weep holes.
- Lightweight and easy to handle, even on scaffolding or in windy conditions.
- Fast and easy to install.
- 3 thicknesses to match standard cavity sizes.
- Extremely durable for optimal long-term performance.
- 100% compatible with standard weep hole and weep vent designs.
- Clear instructions, extensive product support, and high quality materials help assure leak-proof installations to specs.
- Prevents call-backs and repairs due to damage caused by moisture in the cavity.
- Helps protect builders and designers from legal issues resulting from moisture damage and mold-related health problems.
Weep holes must be used with HouseNet to allow effective moisture drainage and wall drying. Click on WeepVent or CellVent by Mortar Net to see how they can keep weep holes open and prevent insects from entering the cavity through the weeps.
Click here to view the Product Overview in pdf form.